Friday, April 29, 2011

Ready for some beer?

Ahhh, beer. Is there nothing it can't do?

Folks who know me know I'm a beer enthusiast. Not a beer snob, but certainly a beer geek. I love to get geeky talking about beer styles and ingredients and how unusual beers are brewed and beer history and on and on and on. People around me probably get sick of hearing about it!

I've discussed beer once or twice on my main blog, but decided beer talk would be better off done in its own little domain.

So that's what I plan to do here. To talk beer. To review great beers and talk about my homebrewing experiences and discuss beer history and great breweries. To just plain geek out over beer.

Hopefully, someone out there is willing to listen!

If you like beer, pull up a chair, pour yourself a pint, and enjoy.

3 comments:

  1. I've really enjoyed reading your beer posts. I'm something of a beer novice, being more a wine and mixed drinks type. But some colleagues at my office homebrew and every so often we have an in-office happy hour to try out the latest batch. (no doubt their influence has also extended to selecting microbreweries in Philly for company holiday parties!)

    For what little I know and have tried, I enjoy stouts and blondes, and am keen to learn more from those better versed in brew-ology.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fact that I have someone reading right away would be nice all on its own. The fact that it's one of my favorite readers is EXTRA nice.

    I'm so glad you liked those beer posts! I figured people weren't into them, and I wanted to do this frequently enough -- six already written and lined up -- that I should move it into its own space. So thanks for reading!

    In the meantime, start writing your blog again, please. It's been a while since you posted. read it! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. D'aww shucks! It's my pleasure, and thank you! I can't wait to read the next pint, as it were.

    It vexes me that I haven't posted since November. I've been working on this follow-up to the one Experiment for far too long. It's due. Thanks for the push - they always help! Salute!

    ReplyDelete